Prevegyne® Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 250 mg
Controlled-Release Vaginal Tablets
A Natural SolutionTo Control Symptoms of Bacterial Vaginosis
Through their acidifying action, Prevegyne® controlled-release tablets help to:
Restore the vaginal pH to its physiological level
Promote the growth of endogenous protective bacteria (lactobacilli)
Restore the normal balance of the vaginal flora
Recommended dosage: 1 (one) Prevegyne® tablet a day. A treatment of six days (1 vaginal tablet a day) is recommended to restore the physiological pH and the normal vaginal flora.
The duration of treatment is for 6 days in case of light to moderate bacterial infection. If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare professional.
.How to insert Prevegyne®:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after inserting Prevegyne® vaginal tablets.
- lnsert one (1) Prevegyne® tablet deeply into your vagina using your index and/or middle finger.
- To ease insertion of a Prevegyne®: vaginal tablet, it is recommended to insert the tablet in a lying position, preferably at bedtime.
In order to decrease the risk of tablet breaking, a localized pressure should be applied at the edge of the blister (direct pressure in the center of the tablet should be avoided).
Talk to your healthcare professional if:
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You are suffering from a vaginal infection due to Candida
- You are taking anticoagulants (blood thinner)
- You are suffering from hemolytic anemia (premature destruction of red blood cells)
- If you are hypersensitive to ascorbic acid or to any ingredient in the formulation
Prevegyne® is available at your pharmacy counter, with or without prescription. Print this pdf list of wholesalers distributing Prevegyne® to pharmacies and bring it to your pharmacist. The pharmacy will order it for you within 24 hours if they do not have Prevegyne®: in stock.
Last update: June 18, 2013